Since its launch in 2001, Microsoft SharePoint has grown to become a leading enterprise platform for intranets and content management. However, customers are increasingly using it to enable a much broader range of capabilities.
Today’s part 1 blog post will explore just what some of those capabilities are.
- SharePoint can be configured and customized so that you can share company announcements, share documents and company information, and integrate news and social media feeds.
- Many of the relevant features are built-in: newsfeeds, content management, groups and team sites, analytical tools to see adoption rates, and more.
- Custom branding will allow your company to continue a comprehensive style across external and internal communication channels, letting employees internalize the organizational culture.
- Gamification to make exploring, working, and communicating with colleagues fun!
- SharePoint has powerful reporting and dashboarding services built into the platform, and can pull the data from a number of different business systems.
- SharePoint can act as a central Business Intelligence hub for your business users.
- For Office 365 Users, consider Power BI as another amazing tool to visualize your data.
- In large businesses, numerous, sometimes geographically-scattered teams are required to work together to deliver a product or service. SharePoint can give them a space both to work within their teams, and to share that information with other teams.
- Microsoft Office web applications allow employees to work together concurrently with real-time updates to their work.
- Keep documents organized in a central location so there is one copy, up-to-date, with a version history/audit trail.
Business Process Automation:
- SharePoint’s document management capabilities combine with the workflow engine, making a great platform to build process automation solutions.
- Real life Example: M.R.S. used SharePoint Online to automate the processes that go into receiving and approving accounts payable documents. No more “paper with legs” running through the office!
- We also built a quality management solution that allows salespeople to submit a quality complaint ticket right from the client site and have the required workflow processes start immediately.
- M.R.S. can custom build workflows that are more complex than the built-in solution to ensure that all your complex business processes can become software-defined.
Read Part 2 with more ways on how SharePoint can help your company.
Our SharePoint specialists have significant practical experience architecting, building and deploying small, medium and large scale solutions. This practical experience, combined with our proven and field tested processes, methodologies and best practices ensure that the job gets done properly.
M.R.S. is a full-service, relationship-centric IT consultancy firm offering our clients a compelling on-shore alternative to building and delivering best in class technology solutions. We bring experience, expertise and software development processes, refined during 35+ years of diverse client engagements, to deliver complete IT solutions that significantly improve operating efficiencies.