M.R.S. Blog Post by Anirudh Krishan
SharePoint Architect-M.R.S. Company Ltd.
SharePoint is a great platform but has it’s own adoption challenges:
- It’s hard for end users to understand concept of lists, document libraries, managed metadata etc.
- Most of SharePoint implementations are tops down rather than bottoms up implementations.
- For end users SharePoint is just another tool, which they need to access on daily basis as a push from management.
- Default Enterprise social features are sometimes over estimated, in terms of key to adoption.
What is Gamification?
“Gamification is the use of game thinking and game mechanics in non-game contexts to engage users in solving problem”s -Wikipedia-
Some interesting links about Gamification:
How to Gamify SharePoint Implementations
- Rather than starting with heavy duty SharePoint implementation, start with light weighted collaboration solution on SharePoint
- Implement solutions like Crowdsourcing, Innovation management on SharePoint to increase User engagement
- Use community site features in SharePoint to increase collaboration
- Reward users for contributing to the SharePoint portal
- Avoid introducing a lot of SharePoint features and introduce features targeting user engagement in initial phases
- Use social features to run campaigns to increase engagement & collaboration
Some Examples – #1 Ideas Hub
#1 Ideas Hub
- Empower your employees with Ideas Hub implementation using Community Features of SharePoint 2013
- Recognize the top contributors to improve employee engagement & motivation
- Further ideation process can be developed to promote & evaluate ideas shared by employees. This will help with Returns On Investment.
- Search features of SharePoint can be these used to search the knowledge base shared by the employees.
Some Examples – #2 Run Campaigns
#2 Run Campaigns
- Forget the traditional ways (emails, more emails …) of generating ideas.
- Use Social features of SharePoint to run enterprise wide campaigns in a secure way.
- Use scoping features to generate or share ideas within a specific project team.
- Employees can then discover & follow the trending topics using trending hashtags/topics features of SharePoint
- Share ideas or knowledge with your colleagues in form of text, document file, video etc.
How M.R.S. Company Ltd. Can Help….
Founded in 1979, We are a full-service, relationship-centric IT consultancy firm offering our clients a compelling on-shore alternative to building and delivering best in class technology solutions. We bring experience, expertise and software development processes, refined during 35+ years of diverse client engagements, to deliver complete IT solutions that significantly improve operating efficiencies.
- Technology Project Delivery
- Systems Integration
- Solutions Architecture
- Application, Web and Mobile Development
- SharePoint and Business Intelligence
- WorthIT Intellectual Property & Solutions Library
- IT Project Management
- Application Support & Maintenance
- Managed Services
Our synergistic Employee / Consultants business model fully fosters Service continuity as integral to everything we do. As a result, our clients can spend less time managing IT projects and autonomous sub-contractors and focus on advancing their core business to the next level of success.